It’s one week until Earth Day! Let’s all celebrate with a fun challenge to help out Mother Earth. Head over to Katie or Lori’s blogs to get the full list of rules and prizes and start racking up the points TODAY!
Here’s what you can do.
GREEN WEEK CHALLENGES:
- Wash clothes with cold water 1 pt
- Drink a green smoothie 1 pt
- Eat a vegetarian or vegan meal 1 pt
- Use cloth napkins 1 pt
- Make and use your own cleaning products (Recipes here!) 2 pts
- Use a canvas, or reusable, grocery bag 1 pt
- Plant a tree/herb/vegetable (indoors or out) 2 pts
- Shop at your local farmers market or buy only local produce for a day 1 pt
- Shop at your local farmers market/buy local for the next week 2 pts
- Take all batteries, old computers, DVD players, or other electronics to an electronics recycling center (keep hazardous substances out of the landfill) 2 pts
- Start a compost 2 pts
- Clean out your pantry and donate unopened non-perishables to a food bank 2 pts
- Walk, bike or take public transportation to work for the ENTIRE week 2 pts
- Carpool to work/store/gym 1 pt
- Make an Earth inspired meal using only whole foods- whole grains, fresh veggies and/or fruits, nuts, seeds 1 pt
- Get in touch with the Earth- try a yoga class, go for a walk without distractions such as your Ipod, meditate 1 pt
- Donate your time to a soup kitchen (good karma!) 2 pts
- Bring a reusable coffee cup on your next cafe run 1 pt
- Hang laundry to dry 1 pt
In addition, this marks the two weeks in and one week to go on my Eat Clean and Green Monster Challenge, so my first Green Week Challenge entry is my Green Monster morning snack.
It was impossible to get a better picture. Believe me, I tried much longer than I should have before realizing that I had a long list of things to do today and this was not one of them.
Have you ever wondered what people would think if they knew what was going on in your house? I thought of that this morning as I was trying multiple angles and flipping the lights and the flash on and off trying to get a good picture of what looks like a mug of sludge. Haha! It made me laugh. Anyway, at least this pic will serve as proof that the green monster was on this morning’s menu and I’m actively participating in the Earth day Challenge.