So I took this quiz on FitSugar and got a big fat F! I guess I don’t know my berries. To save my pride, it did say the average score was 22% and I got a 50, so my fail could’ve been worse 🙂
Berry season is upon us and in my opinion they are some of the best yogurt, oatmeal, pancake, etc toppings out there. Add a little stevia, whip cream, or sugar and you have one of the best summer desserts. Easy peasy and super tasty!
Some fun facts about berries…
- Blackberries have the most fiber per 1/2 cup – 3.8g per 1/2 c
- Strawberries have the fewest calories per 1/2 cup – 23 per 1/2c
- Blackberries have the most vitamin A per 1/2 cup – 154mcg per 1/2c
- Strawberries have the most vitamin C – 42mg per 1/2c
- Boysenberries are highest in folate – 42mcg per 1/2c
- Blueberries contain tannins that help fight urinary tract infections
Berries pack a punch in small quantities and are very versatile, so eat up! Blueberries are my hubs fave, I eat a lot of strawberries and blueberries, and we have blackberries growing in the garden. It’s a well rounded berry diet around here and I’m loving it!
What’s your favorite berry?/Anyone had a boysenberry?
Vita tops? Yes, please! Enter to win a dozen of these decadent yet healthy deep chocolate muffin tops at SimplyLife.