Monday Night I made Black Bean and Chicken Chilaquilles for the first time. Yum is all I will say about that one. Oh and it will be added to the regular dinner rotation around here as well since both the hubby and I both gave it two thumbs up.
A quick note on the dinner rotation: I have a few recipes that I know we both love and pop up quite often. This week the chilaquilles were a new recipe to me that will be added to the faves list. A few others:
- Mustard Brown-Sugar rubbed salmon that we had Wednesday night
- Clean Eating Meatball subs that we had lastnight
- BBQ Shrimp taco with pickled red onion and mango slaw (probably the all-time fave around here)
- Chicken in puff pastry
Back to the reason I bring up the Monday night dinner. The great thing about a recipe like that is the leftovers. Sort of. There were no leftovers of the actual dish, but I had some extras of the components to be used throughout the week. The two main ones…shredded chicken (breasts in a crockpot covered in salsa and set on high for 6 hours then shredded) and black beans (I only made a half recipe of the chilaquilles, so that left half a can of black beans for later consumption). Those two ingredients have made it into my lunches or breakfasts for the last 4 days.
- Tues – green salad topped with shredded chicken black beans, salsa, and avocado
- Weds – wrap with shredded chicken, black beans and cream cheese
- Thurs – chicken salad made with the shredded chicken, greek yogurt (in place of mayo), and salsa
- Fri – egg white scramble with shredded chicken (the last of it 😦 ), black beans, cream cheese, onions, and red bell pepper
This morning’s breakfast may be a bit ugly but it was uber good!
That shredded chicken recipe is so easy (set it and forget it) and the chicken is so versatile. Love it!
What are some of your favorite recipes that you make over and over?